CME Requirements and Reporting
The following linked PDFs have information on Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements, as well as screen shots of how to Login to the website, update your profile or add locations, enter your CME information, and pay the annual MOC fee.
- How to Login and Update your Profile on the ABVLM Website
- How to Review Your CME Status via the CME Dashboard
- How to Enter CME Credits
- How to Make Your Annual MOC Payment
- MOC Requirements by Certification Year (Chart)
For a general MOC program overview, please refer to this October 2011 newsletter article. However, the Self-Assessment Module (SAM) portion of the requirements were retroactively removed from the MOC program in November 2015.
For the policy on what is recognized as CME by the ABVLM, please see Recognition of CME Credits. CME education claimed for Maintenance of Certification should be in the area of venous and lymphatic medicine (however, up to 5 hours of the 30 hours triennially can be general, non-specialty specific CME such as: Patient Safety, Risk Management, Patient Communications, etc.).
Selected listing of CME Activities in VLM
Listed below are several "live meeting" opportunities throughout the year, as well as some online activities. The meetings are generally accredited for 20-25 CME credits, however, please check with the organizers regarding awarding of CME.
- American Venous Forum Annual Meeting - location varies, but held annually in February
- Venous Symposium - New York NY, annually in April
- International Vein Congress - Miami FL, annually in April
- American College of Phlebology Annual Congress - location varies, but held annually in November
- Online Courses on the American College of Phlebology's website [courses vary in length, but several dozens of CME credit available online]
In addition to the above resources, portions of other CME-accredited activities can be applied toward VLM CME. For example, a symposium on superficial venous disease within a broader meeting, say, related to cardiology, surgery, family medicine, etc. could apply.